Fish Histology and Histopathology Manual
The Fish Histology manual is the culmination of much hard work and effort by some very dedicated individuals:
- John Morrison (retired - FWS)
- Charlie Smith (retired - FWS)
- Dr. Jerry Heidel, Oregon State University
- Dr. Sonia Mumford - USFWS, Olympia, WA
- Dr. Vicki Blazer - USGS, Leetown, WV
- Elizabeth MacConnell - USFWS, Bozeman, MT
Please credit them when using any part of this manual.
The Fish Histology and Histopathology course was developed to primarily assist fish health specialists and fish disease diagnosticians in their efforts to deal with fish diseases found in USFWS and other public agency fish culture facilities.
It has expanded to deal with private aquaculture and wild fish as well. As the body of knowledge of fish diseases increases, so will the information presented in this course increase.
The manual is available for your viewing or downloading in PDF format (63MB):
We hope you find it to be informative and useful in your work.
For more information, please contact Richard Minnis, Conservation Science and Policy Training, 304-876-7208.