These resources were developed for Supervisors by NCTC and the Washington Office Division of Human Capital.
Human Capital Practitioner's
The Supervisory Update
The Supervisory Update is NCTC's television program for supervisors. This collection of videos includes all past episodes.
Fish & Wildlife Service Supervisor Resources
- OPM Supervisory and Management Training Framework - NCTC Solutions
- Diversity and Inclusion Plan - FWS 2015-2019
- Performance Appraisal Handbook DOI-370 dm430
- Performance Analysis Questions - 6 Sections
- Table of Penalties - Full Document
- Ethics Guide for Employees of the Department of the Interior
- Frequently Asked Questions by Supervisors
- FWS Centralized Library - Includes Service Manuals, Director's Orders, Forms, etc.
- Individual Development Plan Policy
- Leadership Competency Development Model
- Manager's Survival Guide
- OIG Report on Conduct and Discipline (June 2004)
- Supervisory Skills Workshop
- Performance and Conduct Quick Overview Tool
On-Line Training Courses
- The Role of the Supervisor - DOI-SUPV-OLT-101 *
- Merit System Principles - DOI-SUPV-OLT-102 *
- Supervisory Ethics - DOI-SUPV-OLT-103 *
- Staffing Your Organization - DOI-SUPV-OLT-104
- Managing Employee Performance - DOI-SUPV-OLT-105 *
- Conduct and Performance-Based Actions - DOI-SUPV-OLT-106 *
- Leveraging Diversity - DOI-SUPV-OLT-107 *
- Performance Based Interviewing - DOI-SUPV-OLT-108
- Pay and Leave for Supervisors - DOI-SUPV-OLT-109 *
- Supervisory Safety Skills - DOI-SUPV-OLT-110 *
- Safety for Supervisors (FWS) - OLT0007 *
For FWS new supervisors, Supervisory Safety Skills DOI-SUPV-OLT-110 does NOT satisfy the current requirement for FWS new supervisors relating to safety. Instead, Safety For Supervisors (FWS) OLT0007 is required for all new supervisors in FWS.
* Prerequisite for Supervisory Skills Workshop