CSP3106 Wetland Assessment, Restoration and Managment Course Resources
Bottomland Hardwood Restoration
- A Guide to Bottomland Hardwood Restoration, J.A. Alien, B.D. Keeland, J.A. Stanturf, A.F. Clewell, and H.E. Kennedy, Jr., 2001, Information and Technology Report. USGS/BRD/ITR 2000-0011. General Technical Report SRS-40,
- Bottomland hardwood management: Species Site Relationships. Ezell, A.W. and J.D. Hodges. 1995. MSU Extension Service Publication 2004.
- Influence of Restoration and Succession on Bottomland Hardwood Hydrology, R.K. Kolka et al., Ecological Engineering, 15, 2000, pp S-131-S-140.
- MANAGING THE FAMILY FOREST IN MISSISSIPPI, Department of Forestry, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State Extension Service, U.S. Forest Service, Mississippi Forestry Commission,
- Restoration of Bottomland Hardwoods in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley, Stanturf, John A., and Gardiner, Emile S. 2000. In: Sustaining Forests: the Science of Forest Assessment. Southern Forest Resource Assessment.
- Restoration of a Severely Impacted Riparian Wetland System- The Pen Branch Project, C. Burton et al., Ecological Engineering, 15, 2000, pp S-3-S-15
- Wetland Management for Waterfowl, 2007, Mississippi River Trust, Natural Resources Conservation Service and US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Smith, W. D., Rollins, G. L., and R. L. Shinn. 1995. A guide to wetland habitat management in the Central Valley. CA Department of Fish and Game. Sacramento, CA. 34 pp.
- Kwasny, D.C., Wolder, Mike and Isola, Craig R., Technical Guide to Best Management Practices for Mosquito Control in Managed Wetlands, Central Valley Joint Venture, 2004, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
- Moist-Soil Management Guidelines for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Southeast Region
- TBA Soon
- TBA Soon
Course Presentations, Willows, CA. June 19-23, 2017
- 01 Intro to Central Valley Wetlands
- 04 Wetland Design Considerations1
- 06 Structural components and Associated Practices
- 07 Re-vegetation Plans
- 08 Standards_and_Specs
- 09 Restoration Cost Estimates
- 10 Sequence of Construction
- 11 Design Review (permitting)
- 12 Wetland Management
- 13 Problem Plant Species
- 13a invasives - Cattails GÇô Typha sp
- 13b Invasives - Phalaris - Reedcanary
- 13c Invasives - Phragmites - common reed
- 15 Monitoring WARM