How to Register for Courses
Registering for a NCTC Class through DOI Talent
NCTC uses a web-based system called DOI TALENT to register students for NCTC classes.
Department of Interior Employees, Contractors and Volunteers
DOI Talent, DOI’s next generation of online learning is available to all DOI employees as of November 2018. To access DOI Talent, follow these simple steps:
DOI User with DOI Access card, on government equipment:
- As long as you are logged into your computer using your DOI Access Card and PIN card, you will be automatically signed in and redirected to the DOI Talent homescreen.
- Open an Internet Browser window.
- Copy and paste this URL into the address bar: https://doitalent.ibc.doi.gov/
Having Trouble Logging Into DOI Talent?
If you are a DOI employee or contractor or other who previously had a DOI Learn account and you do not have a DOI Access Card, please contact the Customer Support Center for instructions.
- Phone: 1-888-367-1622, menu option 3, then 6 (Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 5:30 pm, Mountain)
- Email: HRMS_Helpdesk@ios.doi.gov
DOI Employees, Contractors or anyone else with a DOIAccess ID: DO NOT request a new account.
New accounts for you are created on a nightly basis. You will receive an email when your account is created. Please visit the DOI Talent Home page for more instructions for your particular situation.
Not affiliated with DOI?
We offer many training opportunities to private, state, not-for-profit and other federal government agencies.
External, Non-DOI affliated customers:
- Were you notified of a DOI-sponsored training opportunity that interests you? You can request an account to register. See the New Account Request instructions below.
- Attended training with us before? It's likely you already have an account.Contact the Customer Support Center at 1-888-367-1622 option 3, 6 or HRMS_Helpdesk@ios.doi.gov. The hours of operation for the CSC are: 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM EST / 6:00 AM - 5:30 PM MST
New Account Request Instructions:
- There are 3 sections to the form; "Username and Password", "More Details" and "Other Fields"; you MUST complete ALL THREE sections and enter data into EVERY field. See specific instructions for several fields below, other fields are self-explanatory.
- 'Username' field: insert the email address where you wish to receive system notifications. This will be your DOI Talent username. Please ensure that the spelling of your email address is correct in both the username and email address fields.
- The "Comments" field: indicate the specific COURSE NAME and whether or not you've attended training with us before or have been affiliated with DOI in the past.
- The "Bureau" field: select the BUREAU that is offering the course you wish to attend.
- The "Affliation" field : select the option that most closely matches your situation
- Now that you've read the above, use this new account request form.
- Failure to provide ALL requested information will result in your request being denied.
All account approvals are performed manually. We review your request to determine which Bureau is sponsoring the training you are requesting and if you already have an account in our system. We endeavor to respond to your account request within 3 working days.
DOI Talent Data Steward
If you have questions about registration, please contact the DOI Talent Data Steward at email@example.com.