Conservation Training Network Broadcasts
Broadcasts are delivered online via the Livestream platform from the Conservation Training Network studio located
on the National Conservation Training Center (NCTC) campus near Shepherdstown, WV.
NCTC on LiveStream
PLEASE NOTE: All broadcast times listed are EASTERN TIME. (adjust for your time zone)
If you have technical problems, e-mail email@example.com or call 304-876-7666. Provide your name and location.
August 11, 2016 Time: 2:00pm - 3:00pm Eastern Time-- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Conservation Policy Series: 50 Years of Endangered Species Legislation
We are happy to announce the second presentation with Michael Young, Department of Interior, Assistant Solicitor for Fish and Wildlife. Mr. Young has over three decades of experience with the DOI and will be providing a number of new presentations for the monthly Conservation Policy Series. The evolution of Endangered Species legislation will be the topic of today’s program. Mr. Young will detail the process by which Endangered Species legislation has gone from a primitive idea with little legal force in 1966, to the Endangered Species Act today, considered one of the strongest environmental regulations in existence.
During the broadcast, Mr. Young will be available in the Livestream chat room to respond to questions or comments. We look forward to your participation, August 11 at 2:00 pm ET!
Questions for presenters can be submitted via chat room on the Livestream video player.
For chat room use, we suggest first time users “join” Livestream, prior to broadcast time. https://nctc.fws.gov/broadcasts/ChatInstructions.pdf
September 26-29, 2016 Time: Noon – 4:30 pm Eastern Time each day-- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Retirement Planning for Federal Employees
This popular program sponsored by the FWS and NPS will be available online. Please mark your calendars for the dates & times below. More information to follow.
Noon – 4:30 pm Eastern Time each day
Monday, September 26: CSRS Retirement Benefits
Tuesday, September 27: FERS Retirement Benefits
Wednesday, September 28: Retirement Application Process / Insurance / TSP/ Social Security
Thursday, September 29: Financial Planning
- Tips for Viewing Live and Archived Broadcasts
- How to Create a Distance Learning Classroom at Your Workplace
- FWS Distance Learning Classroom Locations and NPS / BLM links
- Job Aids for NCTC Trainers
- NCTC Studio Control Room: 304-8756-7666
Please Note: The studio control room is staffed only on scheduled broadcast days. If you need assistance, call one of the staff listed below.
- Randy Robinson, Instructional Television / Studio Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7450
- Mark Chesna, Video Support, email@example.com; 304-876-7342
- Rhonda Miller, Web Support, firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7325
- DOI Learn Registration Support; email@example.com; 304-876-7709
- Broadcast Archive Gallery The gallery shows selected broadcast archive highlights.
- Broadcast Archive Index - The index displays a searchable, sortable index that lets you refine your search and find broadcasts and other videos within the National Digital Library.
- Sample CMS: http://bit.ly/FWS-CMSTraining
|Conservation Connect is a web-based video series produced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center (NCTC), which aims to connect youth, ages 9-13 (although any age is encouraged to enjoy!), with the great outdoors, wildlife species, and conservation careers. Click to learn more.