Conservation Training Network Broadcasts
Broadcasts are delivered online via the Livestream platform from the Conservation Training Network studio located
on the National Conservation Training Center (NCTC) campus near Shepherdstown, WV.
NCTC on LiveStream
PLEASE NOTE: All broadcast times listed are EASTERN TIME. (adjust for your time zone)
If you have technical problems, e-mail email@example.com or call 304-876-7666. Provide your name and location.
May 11, 2017 Time: 2:-3:00 PM Eastern Time -- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Monarch Butterfly Conservation Series: Tracing the Cultural Significance of Monarch
This webinar will trace the historical and contemporary cultural significance of the Monarch Butterfly in North America. Based on her research for the Commission for Environmental Cooperation, Professor Gonzalez will present a broad range of human cultural practices that use, or used, the monarch for symbolic purposes. This iconic insect has been embedded in practices such as rituals, ancestral territories, human rights movements, and even in tri-national political agreements. Humans of different cultures perceive this butterfly in different ways, and the webinar will review some symbolic uses among Mexican indigenous groups, Native American groups, butterfly amateurs, and professionals. Get ready for a seminar that explores the inter-dependence of nature and culture through the journey of this charismatic insect.
Presenter: Columba Gonzalez-Duarte (University of Toronto, Anthropology PhD Candidate)
Captioning for Program - Will be added soon!
- Livestream Viewing Tips
- How to Create a Distance Learning Classroom at Your Workplace
- Job Aids for NCTC Trainers
- NCTC Studio Control Room: 304-876-7666
Please Note: The studio control room is staffed only on scheduled broadcast days. If you need assistance, call one of the staff listed below.
- Randy Robinson, Instructional Television / Studio Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7450
- Mark Chesna, Video Support, email@example.com; 304-876-7342
- Rhonda Miller, Web Support, firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7325
- DOI Learn Registration Support; email@example.com; 304-876-7709
- Broadcast Archive Gallery The gallery shows selected broadcast archive highlights.
- Broadcast Archive Index - The index displays a searchable, sortable index that lets you refine your search and find broadcasts and other videos within the National Digital Library.
- Sample CMS: http://bit.ly/FWS-CMSTraining
|Conservation Connect is a web-based video series produced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center (NCTC), which aims to connect youth, ages 9-13 (although any age is encouraged to enjoy!), with the great outdoors, wildlife species, and conservation careers. Click to learn more.