Conservation Training Network Broadcasts
Broadcasts are delivered online via the Livestream platform from the Conservation Training Network studio located
on the National Conservation Training Center (NCTC) campus near Shepherdstown, WV.
NCTC on LiveStream
PLEASE NOTE: All broadcast times listed are at EASTERN TIME. (adjust for your time zone)
If you have technical problems during Covid, e-mail email@example.com.
August 26, 2021 Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm ET- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Tribal Broadcast Series: Federal Native American Trust Lands
Did you know taking land into trust is one of the most important functions the Department of the Interior undertakes on behalf of Tribes, as 2% of the United States is held in Federal Trust status for Native American Tribes? Please join us to learn more about the history of Native American lands!
Who should attend: We welcome any Department of the Interior staff and partners who are involved with tribes or who wish to learn more about working with tribes.
Presenter: Frank Desmond Rollefson, or Desi, has 15 years with the Bureau of Indian Affairs. He has experience as the Rangeland Manager for the Northern Cheyenne Agency, Natural Resource Officer for the Crow Agency, Water Rights Specialist for Rocky Mountain Regional Office (RMRO), and Cartographic Technician and Wildlife Biologist, both for RMRO. Desi has participated with post wildlife assessment crews, or the Burned Area Emergency Response team for regional reservation trust lands. Desi is of German, Norwegian and Northern Cheyenne descent. He is an enrolled member of the Northern Cheyenne, and his families are from Minnesota and Montana. Desi received his Bachelors in Biology from the University of Montana in 1997, and his Masters in Resource Management from Central Washington University in 2003.
Contact: Jennifer Hill (240) 772.0393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
September 16, 2021 Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm ET- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Tribal Broadcast Series: Developing Land Acknowledgements
Stay tuned for additional information!
- Livestream Viewing Tips
- How to Create a Distance Learning Classroom at Your Workplace
- Job Aids for NCTC Trainers
- All NCTC broadcasts include live captioning. If you need assistance with access to any of our programs, please contact: Rhonda_Miller@fws.gov
During this time of Covid, please email all questions to email@example.com.
- NCTC Studio Control Room: 304-876-7666 (currently not available)
Please Note: The studio control room is staffed only on scheduled broadcast days. If you need assistance, call one of the staff listed below.
- Doug Canfield, Studio Manager,, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Gonzalez, Studio Assistant, email@example.com
- Rob Garfinkel, Graphics Technician, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCTC Video Gallery - The gallery shows selected video highlights for various categories.
- Broadcast Archive - The index displays all broadcasts through NCTC.
- Sample FWS Content Management System Training
Conservation Connect is a web-based video series produced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center (NCTC), which aims to connect youth, ages 9-13 (although any age is encouraged to enjoy!), with the great outdoors, wildlife species, and conservation careers. Click to learn more.