|Course Title||Scraper Pan Safety Training Course-UDT (FWS HEAVY EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR USE ONLY)
- Availability: FWS EMPLOYEES / AFFILIATED PERSONNEL ONLY who operates Service-owned, leased, or rented scraper pan. Contact your appropriate Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinator to register for the course.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of the Web-based Heavy Equipment Pre-Class Training course FWS-SAF-HE-PRECLASS-OLT is required prior to attending Heavy Equipment Safety Training.
- Description: This course provides the training required in FWS Policy, 321 FW 1, to permit operation of Service-owned, operated, rented, or leased scraper pan and is designed to familiarize employees, volunteers, and partner operators with the safe operation and preventative maintenance of scraper pan. The course includes classroom and field operation instruction.
- Objectives: Provide operators with the skills and knowledge necessary that will allow them to make informed decisions about their own safety, the safety of those around them, and the scraper pan. Also, allows attendees to demonstrate, through written examinations and actual demonstration, that they have the skills and knowledge to safely operate a scraper pan in accordance with Service policy, manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Length of Course: Determined by class size but typically takes 1 day / 8hrs. Training consists of at least 4 hours classroom study and no less than 1 hour of field operation (seat time) per student
- NOTE: Heavy Equipment Operator refresher course is required 3-years after completion of this course in order to maintain authorization to operate. Refer to FWS-SAF-HE-REFRESH-OLT, Heavy Equipment Safety Refresher OLT Course for details.
FWS Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinators contact information:
National Coordinator (703) 358-2190
Region 1 & 8 (503) 231-2075
Region 2 - Ed Bass, (505) 248-6607
Region 3 - Dale Pittman, (309) 535-3151
Region 4 - Stan Zazado, (404) 398-1855
Region 5 - Bill Starke, (413) 253-8581
Region 6 - Wade Briggs, (605) 256-1081
Region 7 - Thomas Siekaniec, (907) 786-3344
|Delivery Method||Online Self Study
|Course Content Contact||Regional FWS Heavy Equipment Coordinators; ;
|Registration Category||Heavy Equipment Safety Coordinators
|DOI LEARN Course Type||UDT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||10/21/2016 3:30:20 AM