|Course Title||Backhoe/Loader Safety Training Course - UDT (FWS HEAVY EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR USE ONLY)
- Availability: FWS EMPLOYEES / AFFILIATED PERSONNEL ONLY who operates Service-owned, leased, or rented backhoe / loader. Contact your appropriate Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinator to register for the course.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of the Web-based Heavy Equipment Pre-Class Training course FWS-SAF-HE-PRECLASS-OLT is required prior to attending Heavy Equipment Safety Training.
- Description: This course provides the training required in FWS Policy, 321 FW 1, to permit operation of Service-owned, operated, rented, or leased backhoe / loaders and is designed to familiarize employees, volunteers, and partner operators with the safe operation and preventative maintenance of backhoe / loaders. The course includes classroom and field operation instruction.
- Objectives: Provide operators with the skills and knowledge necessary that will allow them to make informed decisions about their own safety, the safety of those around them, and the backhoe / loader. Also, allows attendees to demonstrate, through written examinations and actual demonstration, that they have the skills and knowledge to safely operate a backhoe / loader in accordance with Service policy, manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Length of Course: Determined by class size but typically takes 1 day / 8hrs. Training consists of at least 4 hours classroom study and no less than 1 hour of field operation (seat time) per student
- NOTE: Heavy Equipment Operator refresher course is required 3-years after completion of this course in order to maintain authorization to operate. Refer to FWS-SAF-HE-REFRESH-OLT, Heavy Equipment Safety Refresher OLT Course for details.
FWS Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinators contact information:
National Coordinator (703) 358-2190
Region 1 & 8 (503) 231-2075
Region 2 - Ed Bass, (505) 248-6607
Region 3 - Dale Pittman, (309) 535-3151
Region 4 - Stan Zazado, (404) 398-1855
Region 5 - Bill Starke, (413) 253-8581
Region 6 - Wade Briggs, (605) 256-1081
Region 7 - Thomas Siekaniec, (907) 786-3344
|Delivery Method||Online Self Study
|Course Content Contact||Regional FWS Heavy Equipment Coordinators; ;
|Registration Category||Heavy Equipment Safety Coordinators
|DOI LEARN Course Type||UDT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||8/27/2016 3:30:22 AM