|Course Title||Four-Wheel Drive Loader Safety Training Course - UDT (FWS HEAVY EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR USE ONLY)
- Availability: FWS EMPLOYEES / AFFILIATED PERSONNEL ONLY who operates Service-owned, leased, or rented four wheeled drive front end loaders. Contact your appropriate Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinator to register for the course.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of the Web-based Heavy Equipment Pre-Class Training course FWS-SAF-HE-PRECLASS-OLT is required prior to attending Heavy Equipment Safety Training.
- Description: This course provides the training required in FWS Policy, 321 FW 1, to permit operation of Service-owned, operated, rented, or leased four wheeled drive front end loaders and is designed to familiarize employees, volunteers, and partner operators with the safe operation and preventative maintenance of four wheeled drive front end loaders. The course includes classroom and field operation instruction.
- Objectives: Provide operators with the skills and knowledge necessary that will allow them to make informed decisions about their own safety, the safety of those around them, and the four wheeled drive front end loader. Also, allows attendees to demonstrate, through written examinations and actual demonstration, that they have the skills and knowledge to safely operate a four wheeled drive front end loader in accordance with Service policy, manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Length of Course: Determined by class size but typically takes 1 day / 8hrs. Training consists of at least 4 hours classroom study and no less than 1 hour of field operation (seat time) per student
- NOTE: Heavy Equipment Operator refresher course is required 3-years after completion of this course in order to maintain authorization to operate. Refer to FWS-SAF-HE-REFRESH-OLT, Heavy Equipment Safety Refresher OLT Course for details.
FWS Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinators contact information:
National Coordinator John Blitch 703-358-2190 John_Blitch@fws.gov
Region 1 Spencer Berg 503-231-6822 email@example.com
Region 2 Ed Bass 505-248-6607 Ed_E_Bass@fws.gov
Region 3 Dale Pittman 309-535-3151 Dale_Pittman@fws.gov
Region 4 Stan Zazado 404-398-1855 Stan_Zazado@fws.gov
Region 5 Bill Starke 413-253-8581 Bill_starke@fws.gov
Region 6 Wade Briggs 605-256-1081 Wade_Briggs@fws.gov
Region 7 Thomas Siekaniec 907-786-3344 Thomas_Siekaniec@fws.gov
Region 8 Dave Henderson 916-978-6158 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Delivery Method||Online Self Study
|Course Content Contact||Regional FWS Heavy Equipment Coordinators; ;
|Registration Category||Heavy Equipment Safety Coordinators
|DOI LEARN Course Type||UDT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||6/23/2017 3:30:22 AM