|Course Title||FWS ORUV Train the Trainer (FWS HEAVY EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR USE ONLY)
- Availability: FWS EMPLOYEES / AFFILIATED PERSONNEL ONLY, who operates Service-owned, leased, or rented Off-Road Utility Vehicles and would like to become an Off-Road Utility Vehicle Safety instructor. Contact your appropriate Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinator to register for the course.
- Pre-Requisite: Completion of either the: FWS-LED 5149 Delivering a Training Session or FWS-LED 5109 Design and Delivering a Training Session when course is available in addition to providing the Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinator with documentation outlined in the “Heavy Equipment and Off-Road Utility Vehicle Safety Training Handbook.”
- Description: This course is designed to provide new instructors of ATV's, UTV's, Snow machines, and Amphibious Vehicles the knowledge and experience to successfully train students in the safe operation of these vehicles according to FWS policy. This course is 1 of 2 courses required to become a Safety Instructor for the FWS.
- Objectives: Provide students with practical knowledge and skills to deliver the Services Off-Road Utility Vehicle Safety Training program in a consistent format as required by Service policy.
- Length of Course: 40 hours
- NOTE: Off-Road Utility Vehicle Safety Instructor refresher course is required 3-years after completion of this course in order to maintain authorization to instruct.
FWS Regional Heavy Equipment Coordinators contact information:
National Coordinator (703) 358-2190
Region 1 & 8 (503) 231-2075
Region 2 - Ed Bass, (505) 248-6607
Region 3 - Dale Pittman, (309) 535-3151
Region 4 - Stan Zazado, (404) 398-1855
Region 5 - Bill Starke, (413) 253-8581
Region 6 - Wade Briggs, (605) 256-1081
Region 7 - Thomas Siekaniec, (907) 786-3344
|Delivery Method||Online Self Study
|Course Content Contact||Regional FWS Heavy Equipment Coordinator; ;
|Registration Category||Heavy Equipment Safety Coordinators
|DOI LEARN Course Type||UDT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||8/29/2016 3:30:21 AM