|Course Title||Developing Teacher Training
|Description||This course presents the essential components of working with schools, specifically on conducting teacher training and implementing education programs through school systems. The course culminates with participants applying their skills at an actual teacher workshop. Upon return to their duty stations, each participant is also expected to plan and conduct a workshop for teachers within one year.
Upon mastery of the course content, participants will be able to:
• Plan, implement and evaluate a teacher training workshop which addresses specific issues and topics relevant to their site or program.
- identify appropriate strategies for including schools in programs that address ecosystem management issues
- write at least three learning objectives for a teacher workshop
- construct an agenda for a teacher workshop
- conduct a teacher workshop
- evaluate a teacher workshop
- critically reflect on a teacher workshop experience
• Assess local teacher training needs and devise a plan to meet them.
- identify ways to build relationships with schools
- conduct a needs assessment of teachers
- select adult education strategies for teacher workshops
- identify relevant follow-up and supportive strategies that will assist teachers after completing the workshop
Fish and Wildlife Service staff and others with responsibility for planning and conducting teacher workshops.
|Delivery Method||Instructor Led
|Course Content Contact||Sandy Spakoff: email@example.com; (304) 876-7783; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Curriculum Category||Environmental Education
|DOI LEARN Course Type||ILT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||5/28/2017 3:30:23 AM