|Course Title||Mentoring the Next Generation - Voices of Experience Webinar (April 18, 2013) ELEARNING
|Description||Hear the ins and outs of mentoring as a panel of experienced mentors and mentees answer questions and provide suggestions for ensuring a productive mentor-mentee relationship.
Participants will apply the insights they've gained to their personal mentoring practices to build a more open, inclusive, and trusting relationship with their mentee(s). This webinar (ELEARNING) training builds on the online course OUT8081 and focuses on trouble-shooting challenges in a mentoring relationship. Course completion awards annual diversity training credits of 2½ hours to Managers and Supervisors.
Participants must score 80% or higher on the final assessment.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
* Describe at least one method for clarifying the scope/limits of the mentor’s role;
* Describe at least one way to overcome identified barriers;
* Describe at least two proactive methods for addressing a mentee’s unrealistic expectations;
* Describe how other mentors have addressed long-distance challenges;
* Describe at least one method for correcting a misunderstanding with a mentee that was due to a difference in culture;
* Identify and address instances when a mentee crosses a boundary;
* Describe at least one process for making a “course correction” when a relationship starts off badly; and
* Describe when it is best to end the relationship prior to the initially agreed upon end date.
Target Audience: DOI employees who are currently serving as mentors to young adults, or those who are interested in exploring such a relationship.
Participants are given a ‘quarterly’ timeline (Jan 1; April 1; July 1; Oct 1) i.e. 4 months intervals to complete this online course
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||3/7/2014 4:02:01 AM